- Is natural flavor natural?
- Does fat make you fat?
- Cage free or pasture raised?
- How many names of sugar are there?
- Can you trust the front of a food label?
- What’s in many brands of pickles and salmon?
Did I spark your curiosity;)? When I give a health lecture, one of my favorite things to do is
bust some food myths that the FDA doesn’t want us to know. One of the most important things you can do for your health is to read the ingredients in whatever you’re buying and not blindly trust the label. But better yet, eat more natural food, without a label (like fruits and veggies) and less processed, packaged food.
Tip for the week: If it comes from a plant, eat plenty. If it was made in a plant, don’t eat at all (or eat in moderation). If you can’t pronounce an ingredient or don’t know what it is, your body and digestive system doesn’t either and won’t know what to do with it.