While you’re busy in the kitchen prepping for Rosh Hashanah, try these delicious and healthy holiday (or everyday) cookie bombs that take no time to prep! No baking needed, decadent, rich and amazing and will take just five mins…one bowl, easy recipe!
Although some call me a health nut, I’m not a believer in deprivation to be healthy. Sweets are delicious and satisfying, especially when made with real, wholesome ingredients. Keep some on hand in the freezer and you’ll never need crappy sugary treats to fill that craving.
These are high in protein, healthy fats and fiber, and can even be made Keto!
Recipe adapted from @consciousplantkitchen but I made my own version. This is a double recipe, cuz you should always get more bang for your buck aka precious time in the kitchen:)
In a bowl, combine:
- 2 cups salted, sugar free almond butter (I use 1 full jar of TJ salted crunchy almond butter, it’s exactly 2 cups.)
- 4 generous Tbsp salted, sugar free peanut butter (I use TJ salted crunchy pb)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (or a tad less, adjust to your liking)
- 2 cups blanched (white) almond flour
- 20 Tbsp ground flax seeds
- Optional: I also like to add a pinch of pink salt, a pinch of pumpkin spice and a pinch of cardamom.
- Mix well for about a minute.
- Shape into balls, flatten a bit and freeze. I like to freeze it in an open glass pan for 30 mins, and then i transfer it to a zip lock once it’s nice and hard.
Yields: 60-65 cookies
Note: Tastes great straight out of the freezer; the almond flour doesn’t get too hard when frozen.
Optional: If you want, you can melt sugar free chocolate chips and dip half the cookie into it when it’s cold, but I don’t think it’s necessary. It’s rich enough without. Maybe just a drizzle would make it look pretty!
Recipe adapted from: https://www.theconsciousplantkitchen.com/no-bake-almond-butter-cookies-keto-vegan/
Tip for the week: Turn a family favorite dessert into something healthy and nutritious that tastes just as good that everyone will enjoy!
Shana Tova, wishing you a happy and sweet new year!
2 thoughts on “No Bake Decadent Almond Cookies”
I’ve done these type of cookies but using dates, you can bake them very slightly, and I poured melted chocolate, dark chocolate all over them, I do agree 100% must have these in stock instead of eating junk food
LikeLiked by 1 person
Wow your version sounds great!!!