Sharing a healthy and quick ‘n easy Passover snack recipe that the kids will love. This can also be made year-round or in different variations; ie: cooked, baked or with any additional flavorings or toppings you like.
Baked Apple Slices
Yields: 2 servings
- 2 large Fuji apples, unpeeled
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Nonstick cooking spray (coconut oil is a good choice)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the apples in half, then cut each half into four slices, discarding the core.
- Sprinkle the apple slices with cinnamon on both sides. Arrange in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Drizzle with honey.
- Top with cooking spray (to keep it moist and golden).
- Bake 25 minutes, until golden-brown and tender.
Note: Apples are heavily sprayed so organic is best. Fyi: Trader Joe’s sells pre-sliced organic apples which will make the prep for this a breeze. The kids can pretty much make this by themselves; with just your help to put it in the oven.
Tip for week: Find healthy snacks that you can make with your kids over Passover or Spring break:)