Some days, probably most days, there are just not enough hours, Right? So what’s the trick to being the most productive while still maintaining your sanity, optimism and energy? I believe, that the trick is in 3 things: a) starting your day right b) fueling your body with the right foods c) having healthy routines throughout your day.
I’ll share some tricks that I use and love:
- The morning is the most important part of your day! It sets the tone for how the rest of your day will go. So instead of reaching straight for your phone and seeing what people need from you right away, even if it’s a simple friendly text, I suggest to keep your phone on airplane mode if you can, from when you go to sleep until you’re ready to start your day. You need to feed yourself, your soul and your body before you can be there to serve others. Starting your day by reading your emails and seeing your calendar reminders, just adds stress to your morning from the minute you wake up. This is not a way to start your day.
- Begin your day with a simple meditation, either a silent or guided meditation. Set the intention for your day and visualize what you want in your life, or just relax and breathe deeply, whatever works for you. This makes a big impact in your day and in your life.
- Drink lots of water! Your body is usually dehydrated in the morning so make sure to hydrate.
- Cleanse! Just as you shower before you start your day, how about an internal shower for your organs before the digestive system needs to work again? This is so important. I cleanse every morning with hot lemon water and I often change it up. It’s always a squeezed lemon in hot water and sometimes I add apple cider vinegar or fresh grated ginger, or turmeric or cinnamon…play around with this and see what feels best for you. Variation keeps things interesting.
- Exercise! Get your body moving in the morning. This will give you so much energy for your day and make you feel so happy and great. Any type of movement; whether it’s weights, yoga, a jog, a walk, the gym; whatever works for you.
- Prep and get ready for you day. For me, this takes the least of my time; it’s funny, I spend more time with all my rituals – meditation, exercise and food than getting dressed;)
- Take a few minutes before running out the door to fuel your body or pack the best foods that will give you the most energy and keep you feeling great throughout the day. I personally don’t have time to eat before I leave, (and I like to eat on the light side in the morning), so I usually keep fruits at work and will have a fruit in the morning. Some days, I have a few nuts with it if I had a more intense workout and need the protein. And 1-2 mornings a week I’ll make a really amazing nutritious packed smoothie like this one below to fuel my body with so much goodness. Especially when I’m super busy and feel a bit run down, this is a great “pick me up”. See recipe below.
- Make sure to take a lunch break! This is so important to keep you pumped throughout the day. You need to feed your body but also to take a physical and mental break from your day to recharge. While eating lunch, try to relax and not check social medial and emails; Or check them first to get it out of the way, but while eating, try to be present and relaxed.
- Keep dinner light and eat before 6 pm if you can, to give your body time to digest the food before you sleep; even if you go to sleep late. I like ending my meals by 6 because intermittent fasting from 6 pm to 6/8 am is so good for your body and will help tremendously with weight loss.
- Before bed, get off your devices whether it’s your phone or tv and take a few minutes to relax and reflect on your day. Write down a few things you’re grateful for. It’s so easy to find 1-5 things you’re grateful for each day. It’s a great reminder of the blessings in your life and when you focus on the good stuff, you’ll attract more of that into your life. Lastly, try to get enough, uninterrupted sleep. 7-8 hours is ideal.
Now for my incredible smoothie that I made this morning in literally 5 minutes before work and is so delicious and energizing and helps to keep you pumped throughout the day! Even my co-worker commented how happy I looked drinking it at the desk;) Healing foods light me up!
1 cup frozen pineapple
3 cups fresh spinach
1 packet organic acai puree (@traderjoes)
1 tsp hemp seeds
1 tsp chia seeds
1 tsp flax seeds
1/2 scoop green powder (@organifi)
1/2 handful goji berries (@dragonherbs)
1/2 tsp spirulina (@360nutrition)
1/2 packet tonic alchemy (@dragonherbs)
1/2 tsp maca powder
1/2 tsp glutamine powder
1/2 scoop collagen peptides (@vitalprotein)
2 cups filtered water
Instructions: Let all the seeds soak in the water in the vitamix for 15 mins, then blend and enjoy it right after it’s ready as that’s when the benefits are most potent and ready for your body to utilize.
Optional: Top with a few cacao nibs and/or coconut flakes to make it look prettier and for added superfood benefits.
Tip for the week:
Try to incorporate at least one of these 10 tips to help enhance your day!
2 thoughts on “How to stay pumped, positive and energized on a super busy day (or any day)!”
On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 4:09 PM, Rivkie’s Tips for a Healthy Lifestyle wrote:
> rivkieblau posted: “Some days, probably most days, there are just not > enough hours, Right? So what’s the trick to being the most productive while > still maintaining your sanity, optimism and energy? I believe, that the > trick is in 3 things: a) starting your day right b) fuel” >
Thank you so much Sternie;)