How many of you wish for more time in the day to do everything you want to do? Following this one simple tip can really help increase the amount of productivity time in your day.
**Be mindful of what you eat and drink when you have lots of things to tackle**
Food either gives you energy or takes away from your energy. So before you put anything to your lips on a day that you need to expand your time, think to yourself – is this going to give me more energy, make me more productive and increase my time today or will it make me crash and feel lazy, leaving me with lots of loose ends and unfinished business.
Last week, I pulled a 23 hour work day and I felt great (No I don’t recommend it, sleep is so important but I had too many deadlines). How did I pull it off and still feel great the next day on too little sleep? I was very careful with what I ate that day, especially this – here’s the best trick to be productive late! Have a tiny and light dinner! Have 3-4 spoons of something light (veggies and protein), and then you have nothing weighing you down and you have oodles of energy. I don’t know about you, but this works for me!
Today I have about 12 hours of studying to catch up, on my day off…well there’s no days off when you run your own business but shall I say on my day off from my full time job. So to increase my productivity and mental energy, after my lemon water, I made an epic super quick and easy Turmeric Ginger Latte that I’ve been wanting to make for months. I tasted this at David Wolfe’s health retreat; it’s amazing and I’ll put a link to his recipe below but as usual I don’t follow recipes so I tweaked it a bit!
- 1 box organic soy milk or coconut milk (I like soy, “eat right for blood type, type A”)
- A few thick slices of fresh tumeric
- A few thick slices of fresh ginger
- 1-2 shakes of black pepper (you can do more but I don’t usually use it)
- A few peppercorns (when heating)
- Optional: 1 tsp white raw honey
- Optional: Top latte with a few drops of brain octane oil
Instructions: To drink it lukewarm!
Throw ingredients 1-4 in vitamix. When it’s blended, pour into a glass and enjoy with a little bit of raw honey (and brain octane oil) if you like. So simple! But…if you want it hot and for the flavors to be a little stronger, then skip the honey now (honey loses some of its nutrients when heated) and go to the next step….
Instructions continued: To drink it hot!
If you want it more flavorful and hot: pour your mixture into a pot, add some peppercorns and simmer on a medium flame for a few mins until it’s bubbling. Pour it into your favorite mug and add a bit of raw honey and brain octane oil if you like. Enjoy this soothing, hot, milk tasting, antioxidant cup of healthy deliciousness lattee!!!!
Benefits: This drink serves as a digestive aid, sleep aid and so much more!
* Turmeric contains powerful medicinal properties, is a natural anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, increases brain function, lowers risk of heart disease, prevents alzheimers, arthritis, anti depressant and much more!
* Ginger is also an anti-inflammatory, reduces muscle pain and soreness, lowers blood sugar increases heart health, helps digestion, reduce menstrual pain and lowers cholesterol.
* Brain Octane oil is 18 times stronger than coconut oil at delivering caprylic fatty acids to your brain. Caprylic fatty acids are thought to be responsible for cognitive energy, focus, concentration, and reduced “brain fog”. It’s flavorless and odorless and can be added to any liquid or food to give yourself an easy mental boost.
Recipe comes from David Wolfe:
Tip for this week:
Can you practice mindful eating and then take notice of how your energy and productivity shifts?