Happy Labor Day Weekend Everyone! I want to share with you one of my favorite smoothies which can easily turn into a delicious cocktail!
All you need is two fruits but one of the things I love about making a smoothie is that you can throw in so many superfoods that you wouldn’t normally eat, making one cup of this so full of nutrition and energy boosting ingredients! So I’ll list everything I put in but feel free to make it with just the fruit; it’ll taste just as good.
In a vitamix or any blender you have, throw in the following ingredients:
1. A few tbsp of chia seeds (fiber, protein, energy, omega 3s)
2. 2 tbsp hemp seeds (protein, o3)
3. 2 tbsp ground flax seeds (antioxidant, fiber, o3)
4. A handful of goji berries (promotes healthy skin, boosts immune system)
5. 1 tbsp maca powder (rich in vitamins, zinc, iron, mood enhancer)
6. 1 tbsp glutamine powder (helps metabolize fat and support new muscle growth)
7. 1 bag tj frozen pineapple bits (rich in potassium, magnesium and calcium)
8. 1/2 bag of tj frozen blueberries (lowers cholesterol, supports heart health)
9. Cover entire mixture and a bit more with water
10. If you want a little sweetness, not really necessary, add some honey (for those who are not used to nuts and seeds and healthy powders even though i think they taste great, the honey or maple syrup will disguise the “healthy” taste a bit and you may enjoy it more.)
Allow the above to soak in water for about 20 mins for seeds to open up making them softer, taste better and more easily digestible (that’s why I put the seeds in first to have the most water coverage). Add 2 handfuls of ice cubes and blend. This is ready to drink.
Now for the fun part! Cooking and creating things in the kitchen should always be fun and eating healthy doesn’t have to be boring. So I suggest spiking this nutritious smoothie and making it into an incredible cocktail with one ingredient – peach schnapps. It goes so well with this and gives it the perfect kick it needs. Add however much you like. Absolutely delicious!
Have a safe and happy weekend! And try to eat out less, drink out less and bring friends to your home for healthier food and drinks:) Your body will thank you and you won’t feel as groggy going back to work on Tuesday.
Tip for this week:
Try to incorporate one super food this week into your drinks, meals or as a snack. (Superfood is a nutrient-rich food considered to be especially beneficial for health and well-being.)